Monday, February 5, 2007

Met with the Oncologist, Dr. Karen Louie today to discuss CT

Today I met with Dr. Louie to discuss the results of the CT I had on January 31, 2007. The CT was compared to the previous one done on December 13, 2006. Unfortunately, it showed that the left apical mass has grown from 5cm to 9cm, there are several smaller masses on the left which measures at 3cm (these lie in the distribution of the lingula) and lastly the largest mass which is in my lower lobe is still at 14cm, alhough the radiologist did say it seems visually larger.

Therefore, Dr. Louie and I agreed that we need to proceed to change the chemo regimen. I will start an oral chemotherapy drug named Xeloda. I will take it twice a day for fourteen days and then rest one week. Dr. Louie said the second week will "wipe me out". So I will have the third week to recuperate before I start the regimen again. We will try this for two cycles or three depending on how I feel. We have also agreed that I will see the Radiation Oncologist about radiating the left apical mass since it has grown to 9cm it is placing alot of pressure on my left side. So my left side of the neck, shoulder, chest, and head hurts. If the mass continues to grow my discomfort in this area will grow to severe pain.

Dr. Louie also suggested that I look into clinical trials so I am going to check with the Dana Farber Cancer Institute as I read in the CURE magazine that they are doing studies on Triple Negative Disease. I will also be following up with Dr. Fleming at UOC and Dr. Van Roenn at NW as to any clinical trials they may have which I would qualify.

I ask that you all continue to pray for Michael and I as we continue on our Cancer Journey. This has been very difficult for the both of us. We so appreciate the support we are getting from our family, friends, coworkers, church family members, etc... We are so touched by eveyone who have reached out to us. God Bless You all.

On the bright side I cannot possbly end this without telling you that our BEAUTIFUL baby girl is doing GREAT. She is growing everyday. She talks all the time. I LOVE how she comes home at the end of the day and runs into the house to give me a hug. She has the look in her face of "I've missed you Mom". I LOVE IT!!!! I am new on this "blog" thing so as I get better I will post pictures so that you all can see how really beautiful our daughter has become.

Goodnight for now and stay in touch.

5 comments:

S/V Yancey said...

Thanks Sabina. Mom and I love the three of you very very much.

We still have HOPE.

Can we share this with those who ask us daily about you and the status???

Our Granddaughter is definetly a 10

Leila said...

You, Michael and Serena are in our hearts and prayers. Know that you can count on us for anything.

About the blog - good job - not bad for a first timer.

Unknown said...

We love you!

Barb Tesser said...

Dear Sabine,
You and your family are in our hearts. I'm glad you're blogging so we can be up-to-date and focus our prayers. Our church family in Wisc Rapids is keeping you in prayer too.
Blessings~John and Barb Tesser

carmenmontes said...

Hi Sabina,
We LOVE you! You are a very strong, brave, and loving woman. I admire your faith and your strength. I'm so sorry you are going through this.